The links on this page are for people who work with children and young people, or are looking to start a career in childcare.



Free Early Education EntitlementFree Early Education Entitlement, Free Early Education EntitlementblockLink promo four purple
Early Years informationEarly Years information, Early Years informationblockLink promo four blue
Courses and trainingCourses and training, Courses and trainingblockLink promo four lightblue
SafeguardingSafeguarding, SafeguardingblockLink promo four grey
Early Years Pupil PremiumEarly Years Pupil Premium, Early Years Pupil PremiumblockLink promo four purple
How to encourage participation and a voice in parents and familiesHow to encourage participation and a voice in parents and families, How to encourage participation and a voice in parents and familiesblockLink promo four grey
School Place Planning in Leeds (learning places)School Place Planning in Leeds (learning places), School Place Planning in LeedsblockLink promo four lightblue

Tax-free childcare

Tax-free childcare is for working families:

  • Including the self-employed, in the UK
  • Earning under £100k and an average of £167 per week (equal to 16 hours at the National Minimum or Living Wage) each over three months
  • Who aren't receiving Tax Credits, Universal Credit or childcare vouchers
  • With children aged 0-11 (or 0-16 if they have a disability)
  • For every £8 you pay into an online account, the government will add an extra £2, up to £2,000 per child per year

You can receive up to £2,000 per child per year - that's up to £500 every three months. If you have a child with a disability, you can receive up to £4,000 per child - that's up to £1,000 every three months.

You can use Tax-Free Childcare all year round to spend on regulated childcare, such as:

  • Childminders, nurseries and nannies
  • Before and after-school clubs and holiday clubs

For more information about how to use tax-free childcare, please see how to use Tax-Free Childcare.

To apply for tax-free childcare, visit GOV.UK.